none
VS2015 console app failed to load by IoTStartup for Win10 Athens. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I setup Win10 Athens with the Intel Minnowboard Max board - build 10011 - the newer builds cannot boot or has Telnet disabled which make them useless.

I get the VS 2015 tools and setup the development environment according to the Windows Insider site.

1. build a C++ console application to write out a "hello world" string and return 0.   compiled the app successfully.
    2. Telnet into the Win10 Athens and copy the EXE to the device
    3. From the app folder, run c:>\IoTStartup add headless <path console app>
    4. Got a returned message "This application has request the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information".

How do I fix this app to use with the IoTStartUp command?

Thx

Codemaniac

Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Codemaniac,

>>1. build a C++ console application to write out a "hello world" string and return 0.   compiled the app successfully.

Just to make this issue clearly, you could run your app normally in VS2015 ctp, am I right?

So it is not the VS2015 IDE issue, am I right?

>>How do I fix this app to use with the IoTStartUp command?

Sorry for that not the real expert about the IoTStartUp, could you tell me where you got it? Is it a third party tool or the windows 10 tool or others? Please let us know more information about it, maybe I could help you find useful information or the correct forum for you, actually you know that this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, so we have to make sure that whether it is the VS IDE issue firstly.

Best Regards,

Jack 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:07 AM