{
    	InitializeComponent();

namespace nWSP = Windows::Storage::Pickers;
    	namespace nWS = Windows::Storage;
    	namespace nWSS = Windows::Storage::Streams;

auto file_picker = ref new nWSP::FileOpenPicker();
    	file_picker->ViewMode = nWSP::PickerViewMode::List;
    	file_picker->FileTypeFilter->Append(".flac");

auto var1 = create_task(file_picker->PickSingleFileAsync()).then([this](StorageFile^ file)
    	{
    		if (file != nullptr || file->Path != nullptr)
    		{}

}

in choose file page when i hover with mouse over the *.flac file app is break with exception on line 58 App.g.hpp:

if (IsDebuggerPresent())
                {
                    ::Platform::String^ errorMessage = e->Message;
                    __debugbreak();
                }

it happens when appears flyout of file preview

ErrorMessege is: "+  errorMessage 0x031f5e60 L"The remote procedure call failed.\r\n" Platform::String ^"

Screenshot of a moment when it happen:

Also, it happens even if i add or delete declaration of File Open Picker with supported file type ".flac"

How can i avoid this crash?

Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Romka2411,

Per my understanding, this is a build-in feature of open file picker. I assume that error may throw when open file picker use k-lite API to get the video file information. I would recommend you report this issue to k-lite product site for solution.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 29, 2014 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Romka2411,

Please try MSDN code sample to see whether it crashes or not. This can help us to check if the problem caused by the code. https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/File-picker-sample-9f294cba. If not, I think you need to compare code from your project.

If still crashes, give your computer a clean boot and retry it again.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 19, 2014 7:11 AM
  • K-lite - the only one who do something with *.flac files on my computer (MediaInfo), when i try to open flac - windows asks me which program to choose. Also, i dont think i am the only one who has installed K-lite codec pack, so i`m asking if someone know how to awoid this problem (except to dont use filepicker and use folderpicker instead)
    Friday, December 19, 2014 2:35 PM
  • Hi Romka2411,

This problem seems to be not a programming issue. So we should work together to narrow down this issue, determine what the cause of the problem and redirect to appropriate forum.  

Have you tested something and found the problem was caused by the k-lite codec pack? Please deleted the K-lite codec pack and tried your app again. If the app still crashes, that means your operation system may have some problems. You can find another computer to test to see if the problem is still persisting. If your app doesn’t crash, that means the problem may cause by the codec. I would recommend you post question on K-lite codec site to ask help. This is a third-party library and it is out of our support range.

If you find something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Monday, December 22, 2014 6:43 AM
  • Okey, i check it and it really k-lite problem, but i think i`m not the only one who installs it. So, is there any way to block this tooltip in FilePicker?
    Monday, December 22, 2014 3:57 PM
  • Hi Romka2411,

Per my understanding, this is a build-in feature of open file picker. I assume that error may throw when open file picker use k-lite API to get the video file information. I would recommend you report this issue to k-lite product site for solution.

Regards,

Monday, December 29, 2014 7:18 AM