none
Can't pass faceTracking data between classes RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a Kinect application based on VS2012 using winform. After I tried several methods, I still couldn't pass value from one class to another class.

Basically I have three class, a public MainWindow(), public partial FaceTrackingViewer(), and public SkeletonFaceTracker(). The last class reside in FaceTrackingViewer() class.

In SkeletonFaceTracker(), I have the following:

public bool lastFaceTrackSucceeded { get; set; }

internal void OnFrameReady(KinectSensor kinectSensor, ColorImageFormat colorImageFormat, byte[] colorImage, DepthImageFormat depthImageFormat, short[] depthImage, Skeleton skeletonOfInterest)
    {
        // something else
        if (this.faceTracker != null)
        {
            this.lastFaceTrackSucceeded = frame.TrackSuccessful; //where it's set to be true.
            //something else
        }
    }

I also tried to change to first line to:

public bool lastFaceTrackSucceeded;

public bool LastFaceTrackSucceeded
    {
        get { return lastFaceTrackSucceeded; }
        private set { lastFaceTrackSucceeded = value; }
    }

I think the two are the same though.

In MainWindow(), I have:

public partial class MainWindow : Window
    {
        //some other irrelevant code snippets

private FaceTrackingViewer.SkeletonFaceTracker skeletonFaceTracker = new FaceTrackingViewer.SkeletonFaceTracker();

private void button_faceOnly_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            bool faceTrackSucceeded = skeletonFaceTracker.lastFaceTrackSucceeded;
            // if I use the second structure in SkeletonFaceTracker(), it should be:
            // bool faceTrackSucceeded = skeletonFaceTracker.LastFaceTrackSucceeded;

if (faceTrackSucceeded == true )
            {
                 //do something
            }
        }
    }

However, the bool faceTrackSucceeded is always false, even if the lastFaceTrackSucceededor LastFaceTrackSucceeded in SkeletonFaceTracker() is true. I am very confused and don't know where it went wrong.

Please note that all the video processing and face tracking actions occur in FaceTrackingViewer()class. I simply want to pass some parameters and structures to MainWindow().

Thank you

Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:48 PM

Answers

• As it turned out, I made a stupid mistake that the skeletonFaceTracker was otherwise declared as a temp variable in the class, such that it couldn't be passed along. Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by seanlawson Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:11 PM
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:11 PM