none
How to run a media file in device with windows ce 6.0 r3 OS RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have a device with windows ce 6.0 r3. Initially it had not Windows Media player installed, but later I got a new BSP that has media player installed. I can ply the mp4 file format using media player manually.

But when I create a smart device project in VS 2008 and try to add reference of Windows media player from the COM Controls tab, it does not show me the media player control on toolbox and I am not able to use this. Please help.

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Monday, May 7, 2012 11:54 AM (From:Microsoft Device Emulator)
    Friday, May 4, 2012 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

I think your issue should be raised in the Windows Embedded Compact Platform Development. I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:53 AM
  • Which media application are you using in both the cases.

I doubt, that the media player application you are using for smart device project is not the same as earlier.

Also check that all the media related components are selected in catalog file under smart device as earlier project.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Monday, May 7, 2012 12:57 PM
  • I do have windows media player on my device and I can play the .mp4 file manually. I am trying to create an application that can do the same. But when I try to add COM component "Windows Media Player", no icon is added to my toolbox and I am not able to code my application.

Please let me know If I am not able to clear the question.  This is quite urgent for me.

Monday, May 7, 2012 6:50 PM
  • Are you talking about something in the VB project for your application?  Is it perhaps necessary to add some component to the VB toolbox or pallette so that it is available for use in apps that you build?
    Monday, May 7, 2012 8:36 PM
  • I am talking about smart device project of VS 2008 targeting compact framework 3.5
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:27 AM