none
IE 7 and Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I am having the same problem with IE7.  I have no idea why this even started, unless it has something to do with KB953297 that won't install.  Can't uninstall or reinstall IE7 , all solutions seem to be for XP and I don't have that anymore.  I work from home and NEED my computer.  I can fix some things that go wrong, but this one has me baffled.  I pull up programs and get ready to work and get the message Internet Explorer has stopped working.  I have rebooted my computer, power cycled my modem and router, pulled up the Command Prompt screen as an administrator and run ipconfig/release, ipconfig/flushdns and ipconfig/renew.  Any time I do this I get Tunnel Server 6 and Tunnel Server 7 showing media disconnected and I'm not sure what that means either. Sometimes when I renew, Tunnel Server 6 doesn't even come up.  I have followed the fix:  Reset my Internet Options and then have to go back and re enter my trusted sites and put in the Advanced options required by my job.  Out of the last 6 business days I have only been able to work 2. This does not help my job security.  When looking in Add Remove programs I do not have an IE icon, and I have both .NET Framework 1.1 and 3.5 SP1.  Do I need both of these?  I have not installed IE8 at all because my work programs are not supported.  ANY help is appreciated.
    Friday, January 15, 2010 12:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Madhouse6474,

Thank you for your post.

Referring to removal of any the versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

For OS, .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are shipped with Vista as OS components. .NET 3.0 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.
    Here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx

For applications, if you have any application that is based on any .NET Framework, you should not remove it since you need .NET Frameworks to support the application. If you don't have any .NET 1.1 or 3.5 SP1 application, you can try .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove them.

For you concern on IE on Vista, I would suggest you to try Windows Vista IE forum so that you can get more useful help there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, January 22, 2010 2:14 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 8:27 AM