none
Custom Spell Checker for Ms-Word Problem - how to draw wavy red line RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I'm writing a MS Word 2010 add-in for a customized spell checking of the Persian language. The spelling and grammar rules are quite customized, so that I do NOT want to install/use proofing tools for the Persian Language. There are some technical problems regarding MS Word:

1. How can I draw a wavy underline to warn the user, just like the red wavy lines of the Word itself. Actually Range.Underline is not for warning, it modifies the word.

2. How can I check spelling WHILE the user is typing.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me.
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Azadeh

Nothing in VSTO or the Word object models supports what you'd like to do.

There is no provision for marking things with the proprietary spell or grammar checker's wavy lines.

And there's nothing exposed that you can use to do trigger any code while the user is typing. Possibly, you could levearge the Windows API Keyboard hooks for this...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Azadeh

Nothing in VSTO or the Word object models supports what you'd like to do.

There is no provision for marking things with the proprietary spell or grammar checker's wavy lines.

And there's nothing exposed that you can use to do trigger any code while the user is typing. Possibly, you could levearge the Windows API Keyboard hooks for this...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

Did you solved this problem Azadeh? I am kinda stuck with similar issue. It would be grateful if you share. 

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:00 AM