none
Add NuGet Library to Visual Studio Toolbox Automatically

Question

• I am using NuGet to share "in house" developed libraries that other developers can use. I am currently using a powershell script to do various tasks with it and was wondering if anyone has worked out a way to automatically add the controls of the NuGet installed library to the toolbox? It would be great if this could be within the context of the project, but at this point I would settle for just having them added.

I have done some research already, and others state that Visual Studio will automatically do this after the project has been saved, closed, and re-opened. I have had no luck with this.

The library is not strictly a control library, it also contains shared reusable forms and methods. I don't know if maybe that has something to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi mkruluts,

As far as I know, the NuGet package that we installed often add libraries into references in specific project, which is not add into Visual Studio.

And I also tried install some control packages in my project and I find they are all just add the library into my project references. If I want the controls listed in my Toolbox, I need to add them manually through right-click Toolbox -> Choose Items -> Click the Browser button to find the dll and then the controls in this dll will be selected in the Choose Toolbox Items windows. After click the Ok button, all these controls will be added into Toolbox.

Since your problem more related to NuGet package, I suggest you post your problem to NuGet forum for a better help.

https://github.com/nuget/home/issues

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 8:22 AM
  • Thanks for your reply... I was already aware of the manual way to add the controls to the toolbox, I was just looking for an automated way. I will try posting in the forum you suggested. Thanks again.
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:58 PM
  • Hi mkruluts,

Thanks for your response.

If any questions about Visual Studio IDE, please feel free to come back.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:45 AM
  • Did you ever post an issue at nuget/home?

It would be great if everyone would comment here too so that this issue gets visibility: https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/3509#issuecomment-337100601

• Edited by jnm236 Saturday, November 25, 2017 6:26 PM
    Saturday, November 25, 2017 6:26 PM