none
Error 0x80070002 after the file remains uninstalled. RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to install the .net framework 3.5 as it is showing the error 0x80070002 error.
    What should I do in order to install that?

Friday, March 27, 2020 6:57 PM

All replies

• the error code is ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND.
    What OS, and how do you try to install?
    Sunday, March 29, 2020 7:08 AM
  • Hi Abhishek Verma0,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Refer to the information you provided, I have something to confirm with you. What’s your Windows system? Could you tell me how you install the .NET Framework 3.5? I suggest you install the .NET Framework 3.5 with the following steps:

#1. type “Turn Windows features on or off“ in the start search box and open it.

#2. Select .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK and wait for installing, then restart your computer.

As I know, the error code”0x80070002” is often caused by the Windows Update error. Please try to update your Windows to the latest version before installing the .NET Framework 3.5.

BTW, if the issue persists, I need your help to collect more installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, March 30, 2020 3:14 AM
  • Hi Abhishek Verma0,

Sorry to disturb you.

Do you have any update?

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:50 AM
  • More details about your problem would help us analyze your issue...

Is this a new/recent install of MSE or has MSE been working fine for some time but suddenly will not function and the error code has appeared?

The error code is a Windows Update Error - see if this "Fix" will help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

Did this error appear this week after Windows Updates were installed  to include the upgrade to the new Antimalware Client Version 4.7.205?

Windows Defender on Win 7 is a pre-installed antispyware program only - it is disabled by MSE and other antimalware programs to prevent software conflicts.  If it's now working then MSE is completely disabled.

Is MSE still listed in Control Panel?  Is the MSE icon still in the taskbar?

If you're trying to uninstall/reinstall MSE you should be able to remove MSE through Control Panel.  Any problems uninstalling see: Uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials

Recommend you reboot the computer to ensure the uninstall is complete.    

You can download a new MSE Installation File from  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-all-versions

Recommend you thoroughly review the following  Microsoft Security Essentials Installation Checklist.

Further information regarding MSE can be found at MSE Consolidated FAQ

If you cannot resolve your issue please post back in this thread with further details.

I hope this information helps you!

Admin

Apps4rent

Thursday, April 2, 2020 10:17 AM