Multi user Imput devices concept.

Question

• Hi, I know that Win 7 and Win 8 have support for Multi touch, but what about MULTI USER and Multiple Imput device support ?

For now , there is no OS on the market with that kind of thing.

For example. I wish to connect a second Mouse and Keyboard, and give it to my friend. That will allow us to work in collaboration on the same machine, and even in the same software. This will be a very helpful feature for Sound Designers, and Video editors. It can be useful in all type of collaborations, even for education or gaming.

There is any chance to get that Feature in Win 8 ?

Can someone talk about it directly with Developers ?

Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• It is possible to develop to application that support the feature that you are asking . This forum is monitor with Windows Team and it will consider if it consider as important feature and user requirement. Currently products such as Xbox will support such thing since it is requirement for them, that is ability for more than one user to be able to play at a same time. But for Windows it should see that is this feature consider as on-demand requirement or not.
    Friday, December 09, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Thank you for posting your feedback. Please submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Marilyn
    Friday, December 16, 2011 12:10 AM