none
Visual Studio Community 2017 (Build 16184) Issues: Beginner Developer

Question

• This is the issue I encountered:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    Exception from HRESULT: 0xD00000F3

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.UwpDesignerHost.AppPackage.AppPackageNativeMethods.IApplicationActivationManager.ActivateApplication(String appUserModelId, String activationContext, ActivateOptions options, Int32& processId)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.UwpDesignerHost.AppPackage.AppPackageHelper.ActivateApplication(String appUserModelId, Boolean designerMode, String activationContext, Object site)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.UwpDesignerHost.UwpHostPlatform.ActivateApplication(String appUserModelId, Boolean designerMode, String activationContext, Object site)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.XamlDesignerHost.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.ActivateApplicationInternal(String appUserModelId, String activationContext, Object site)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.XamlDesignerHost.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateDesignerProcess(String applicationPath, String clientPort, Uri hostUri, IDictionary environmentVariables, Int32& processId, Object& processData)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain..ctor(ProcessDomainFactory factory, IIsolationBoundary boundary, AppDomainSetup appDomainInfo, IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, String baseDirectory)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.XamlDesignerHost.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedObjectFactory.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateObjectFactory(IIsolationDomainFactory isolationDomainFactory, IObjectCatalog catalog)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationDomainFactory domainFactory)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationDomainFactory domainFactory, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry, IServiceProvider serviceOverrides)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass10_0`1.<StartTask>b__0()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

As a new developer trying to create a simple "Hello World" .sln did I do something wrong? Is something not installed correctly? The designer isn't loading right. Is it an ongoing problem with 16184? Do I need to modify directories? So many questions because I am at a loss at this point. I want to learn.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:58 PM

All replies

• I have the same issue

JHPC

Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:57 AM
  • Hi Darren,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I found some other community members also met this issue and reported to the VS Product Team, please have a look at this: XAML designer not working on Windows build 16184

According to the message that comes from the VS Product team engineer and it looks like they are investigate this issue and you can also add a comment on the above thread, then waiting for the update, thank you for your understanding.

Aaron Shim: Thank you for your feedback! We are currently looking into this issue, and we thank you for your patience in the meanwhile.

Meanwhile, you can try to create a new UWP project and choose a previous version as the target version to check if this issue persists or not. If not, you can temporarily use the previous version for your development before this issue is solved by the VS Product Team, sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 6:39 AM