none
SharePoint 2013 - List Lookup Field Cascading Delete - Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

I am working with two lists in SharePoint 2013. The first lists "School Tasks" the second list "Master Tasks".  I have created a lookup column in tasks, and related it to Master Tasks on the ID field, here are the settings on the lookup field in School Tasks:

• Column Name: MTID_Rel
    • Enforce Unique Values: Yes
    • Get Information From: Master Tasks
    • In This Column: ID
    • Allow Multiple Values: No
    • Enforce Relationship Behavior: Yes, Cascade Delete

When I create an item in School Tasks, I relate it to the appropriate Item in Master Tasks, and then save it.  However, when I delete in the item in School Tasks it does not delete the related item in Master Tasks.  Has anyone else ever seen this and if so, can you help me correct this behavior?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Friday, March 3, 2017 10:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

Cascading Delete means when deleting fields value from parent list (Master Tasks), then the fields in child list ( School Task) will also be deleted.

Please try to delete the item from Master Tasks, check if the related id field school task item is deleted.

In my list, I have add a item in School Tasks:

Then deleted the items which ID equals 2 in school tasks:

The item in school tasks which reference lookup ID 2 will also be deleted:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Tom Molskow Monday, March 6, 2017 4:21 PM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 9:52 AM