none
assembly reference error after updating model from database...... RRS feed

• Question

• i added four fields in database table and i tried to update model from database

.... i gives me error of poco classes..missing assembly reference...

i am using EF 6 and visual studio 2015 ..

plz help

Friday, January 22, 2016 12:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Asif Bakhtiyar,

According to your description, I’m not sure what assembly reference you missed. Could you please provide us a bit more information about error message. In addition, you could try to check the assembly path if it’s existing in the folder.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:19 AM
  • hey cole,

thanks for response .

i want to add new table to existing database.then i tried to update model from database wizard ater that i try to build project it shows me like 1000 errors of missing asssembly reference .before update it was working fine even i deleted .edmx file and recreated it ..it still shows me error ..

can you tell me easy way to add tables in database and use it in entity framework

• Marked as answer by Asif Bakhtiyar Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Asif Bakhtiyar Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:04 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:22 AM
  • Hi Asif Bakhtiyar,

>>can you tell me easy way to add tables in database and use it in entity framework

I suggest that you could upgrade entity framework to the lasted version. Based on your description, I suppose that you would use database first approach. You could refer the link as below to update your model with database changes and check if it woks for you.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/jj206878

I hope it’s helpful to you.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

Friday, January 29, 2016 5:14 AM
  • i recreated edmx file and run custom tool on tt file of edmx..thanks anyway

asif bakhtiyar

• Marked as answer by Asif Bakhtiyar Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:05 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:05 AM