Folder access through web site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I've created a new storage account with shared folder and I'm able to map it on Windows (net use) , then I can copy files into this folder from Explorer but now I'd like to access it also through web url. For example:  https://test2019.file.core.windows.net/share/doc.txt

But id doesn't works, I've also read that I can use "Web Static Site" for my aim but I've alredy tried and I cannot map it as shared folder in Windows.

There is a method for having both feature  (web access to files and map folder on Windows)?

thanks

Andrew

Monday, May 6, 2019 2:36 PM

Answers

• No, Azure Files and Azure Blob storage are different services.

You can access the file you uploaded via the REST API - that would be the right URI, but you'll need to use the specific REST API for accessing the file. The PS, CLI, SDKs do it for you.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, May 6, 2019 4:50 PM

All replies

• No, Azure Files and Azure Blob storage are different services.

You can access the file you uploaded via the REST API - that would be the right URI, but you'll need to use the specific REST API for accessing the file. The PS, CLI, SDKs do it for you.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, May 6, 2019 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

Azure files are accessed over SMB, it is Blob storage if you want to access over HTTPS.  You can map a drive using HTTPS and so that sounds like it is what you need to use for both.

So you want Blob storage and make use of Shared Access Keys to make it secure in the app.  Or Access Keys can be used if you trust that the code is secure.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, May 6, 2019 5:16 PM
  • @AndrewOver Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Friday, May 10, 2019 9:05 AM