Visual Studion 2012 Update 2 CTP4 (CodeMap debugger integration) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Guys, the feature is awesome! Really, really useful and needed improvement. But still require usability polishing.

1) Please keep current zoom level untouched when changing thread/frame context, just scroll to new location

2) Add "Zoom Here" feature

3) Hide unavailable items from the legend (keep it smaller)

4) Add an ability to collapse portions of run paths to hide irrelevant information. Probably many would want to at least collapse external code portions (hide API call chains).

5) Relationship categories need additional visualization. For example you can emphasize current thread stack frames. Another silly use case - I add a relationship between Func1 starting a new thread for Func2. Its important to know this was not direct stack call, rather cross thread call. Customizable graphical annotation would be great.

6) Can you provide graph filtering via thread flagged states? I mean I would want an ability to observe flagged thread call stacks on the plot and switch between threads/frames using Code Map window. Maybe show each thread's current call stack with different link arrow color?

PS: Thanks for you work, keep doing great additions.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Chabster,

Sorry for that I’m not very clear about this issue, would you mind sharing us more information about it? Maybe you could share us a screen shot about the issue, so I could understand this issue better. How could we repro this issue? It seems that it is related to CodeMap and Debugger Integration like this blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jasonsingh/archive/2013/03/05/codemap-and-debugger-integration.aspx

Since this forum is to discuss: Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, so it will be better if you could provide us more information about this issue.

But if you have good suggestions or feature requests, you could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there and people can vote.

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let me know.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 22, 2013 9:53 AM