none
MsAdvertising.JS in Visual Studio 2015 on windows 10

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to run the codeshow app in Visual Studio 2015 on windows 10

It doesn't load - getting: Error MSB3774 Could not find SDK "MSAdvertisingJS, Version=8.1".

What can i do about it? I installed the Universal Ad Client SDK but to no avail...

thanks for hints!

Bernhard

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 1:20 AM

Answers

• Hi bschelling,

What type of project of the codedshow app? And is this app created by VS2015?

There may be something wrong with the SDK, please try to uninstall and re-install the MSAdvertisingJS SDK first.

Then please make sure the SDK has been referenced in your app.

Third, please clear your app and rebuild it, check the Output windows, whether there any error or warning message.

In addition, please try to create a new app and using the SDK in this new app with Visual Studio 2015 to make sure whether this problem is related to this specific app or all apps.

If for this specific app, please create a new app and then remove the files to the new app one by one. If still has this problem, please share a sample app to OneDrive and provide the link here to let us re-produce your problem.

If for all apps, please try with following steps to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Uninstall and re-install the SDK first.
    2. Run Visual Studio 2015 as administrator.
    3. Run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    4. Repair your Visual Studio through steps of Control Panel -> Programs -> Visual Studio 2015 -> Change -> Repair.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:32 AM