Publish database schema when publishing Lightswitch app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question regarding publishing a Lightswitch 2013 app. I am using the Publish Application Wizard and am on the 'Database Connections' tab. I have set my user connection (correctly I hope!) but I am unsure to what the 'Publish database schema' is referring to, is it 1 - my database i.e. the one which contains the tables which the Lightswitch app will view / update or 2 - the Lightswitch database (as specified within the 'user connection') i.e. the one which stores the roles / permissions?

Thanks,

Steve

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve

For 'Publish database schema' option,  if you chose to publish directly to the database, in the Publish database schema text box, enter the same connection string. To update an existing database, the connection string can point to a different database as long as the database schema is exactly the same as the database that you want to update.

You can follow the publish procedures to distinguish it, Deploy a Two-tier LightSwitch Application and Deploy a Three-Tier LightSwitch Application.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:29 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:33 AM