ListView Item Template - Styling a Set of Items in a Column-Based Flexbox to Overflow Using Ellipsis

Question

• Hello, I have a listview that is using an item template with a div that is styled to display as a column-based flexbox. 

For instance:

<div class="subTitleWrapper">

<h5 class="subTitleLabel">Label</h5>

<h5 class="subTitleItem">Item</h5>

<h5 class="subTitleLabel">Label 2</h5>

<h5 class="subTitleItem">Item 2</h5>

</div>

I have several of these items on the same line, which eventually does overflow. I set the overflow: hidden property on the parent div and the children. I have also tried to set the win-type-ellipsis classes on these items (and the ellipsis text-overflow property). What I am finding is that I can successfully clip the text by hiding the overflow, but that I cannot get it to show the ellipsis character.

I only want the last item to show the ellipsis, as if the list of h5 items were really all part of one container. Is there a simple way to do this? I know that setting max-width on an item that will likely be long works, but that seems very hacky and isn't adaptive/responsive to screen size.

• Edited by jennallen Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:28 AM
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You could override the corresponding style in ui-dark.css or ui-light.css .

You can find that in Reference->windows library for javascript 1.0->css .

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Friday, December 28, 2012 7:40 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 7:50 AM