Can't Graduate Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• With Visual Studio 2017 loaded I can't graduate a program. I get the below error. Any idea of what to look for to fix this? It's saying it can't find Visual Basic on the machine. I don't have a clue of where it is looking to find it.

JR

Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:51 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• Assuming you have Visual Basic working fine in VS 2017.

I think the exporter is trying to start VS by looking for action on file extension *.vb.  So find a vb source file in explorer and double click it and make sure a file association exists that opens it in VS.

It may be that the graduate has worked fine, but just the final VS startup failed, so check the path you gave to create the graduated project and see it has been created.

Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:23 PM

All replies

• Assuming you have Visual Basic working fine in VS 2017.

I think the exporter is trying to start VS by looking for action on file extension *.vb.  So find a vb source file in explorer and double click it and make sure a file association exists that opens it in VS.

It may be that the graduate has worked fine, but just the final VS startup failed, so check the path you gave to create the graduated project and see it has been created.

Saturday, March 25, 2017 2:23 PM
  • LitDev,

It was the first suggestion. Thank you. I had no clue!

JR

Saturday, March 25, 2017 6:33 PM
    Answerer