How to add columns to slicer RRS feed

• Question

• hi. i have a table with two columns, one for domestic currency, and one for foreign currency. is there a way to add them to slicer so that user could choose which one would be seen in pivot?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Emil,

According to your description, you need to add tow columns to slicer, right?

Based on my research, we cannot add multiple columns into slicer, in order to workaround this issue, you can unpivot you data from

To

And then use Type column as the slicer.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 8, 2016 8:53 AM

All replies

• No, a slicer can only filter a pivot table. It can't change which attributes are on the rows or columns

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:39 AM
  • Hi Emil,

the way I solved this topic is with a non related table.

in this table, that I use to call Reporting CUrrency, you have 2 rows, 2 columns and one measure.

ReportingCurrency|ID

Domestic | 1

Foreing| 2

the measure is:

SelectedCurrencyID:=min(ID)

by default, this measure allways gives you a 1. If you slice the ReportingCUrrency Table, you will change the result between 1 or 2, depending on what you want to see.

on the measure of the economic result, I insert a Switch, and then in the case that SelectedCurrencyID=1 then I calculate the DOmestic and if is a 2 the foreing.

I dont know if its clear,

Regards

Juan

Friday, July 8, 2016 8:10 AM
  • Hi Emil,

According to your description, you need to add tow columns to slicer, right?

Based on my research, we cannot add multiple columns into slicer, in order to workaround this issue, you can unpivot you data from

To

And then use Type column as the slicer.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Friday, July 8, 2016 8:53 AM
  • tnx. it worked!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:12 AM
  • tnx. it worked!

Hi Emil,

Please mark the corresponding reply, it will help others who have the similar issue find the correct solution easily.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:20 AM