Best approach to implement a request response mechanism RRS feed

• Question

• User-1939321229 posted

I am building a public facing web site (with login capabilities) where users can request to be connected with other users (sort of like Facebook).  If the request is accepted then the connection is made.  My question is, what is the best mechanism to impment this?  I was initially thinking a service bus (queue) to store the requests and and once consumed (approved or rejected) remove it fromt eh service bus.  What are your thoughts on this?

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:41 AM

All replies

• User1918509225 posted

Hi spdev101,

It seems that you can just use a Dictionary Or Map Container to store the  request for you.

Once you request is approved or rejected ,you can remove it in your container.

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:03 PM
  • User37438451 posted

Store the request in a normal database table. Then you can easily search, edit, delete requests and nothing happens when your application restarts. 

Monday, July 7, 2014 4:32 AM
  • User-1611549905 posted

For storing relationships between members, you're better off using a graph database (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_database) rather than a relational database such as SQL Server. They do have a bit of a learning curve, but they're much better optimised towards relationships of this type.

Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:32 AM