The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
VDI RRS feed

• Question

• Core      500 Core

GB          78 TB

RAM      1000 GB Ram

Also response below  queries regarding azure

• On Premise solution we will use HT it will twice our performance so in azure what will happened?
    • We are using azure cloud so we need additional license for windows server and calc?

I am in need to size solution can anyone help me to size this ?

Mudasir

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:49 AM

Answers

• You will need only Virtual machines.

Windows virtual desktop is a managed desktop experience and you dont need it for running vms

• Marked as answer by MudasirBari Friday, November 15, 2019 6:11 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Thank you ! :)

Mudasir

• Marked as answer by MudasirBari Friday, December 6, 2019 12:14 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In On premise, How are you managing those cores?  Do you have any hypervisor deployed?

If yes let me know what that is?

You said that you used "HT" in on premise. Is that hyperthreading?

How many VM's are there in onpremise?

Lets come to azure now.

In Azure we have multiple types of virtual machines. You can select the type of virtual machine based on the application which you are going to use on them.

You can find all the virtual machine types and sized in this link. This link has detailed info about the types of VM's and the applications which are best suited to host on them.

It also has details about the minimum and maximum sizes allowed for each VM type and size.

Let me know the answers for the above questions and then we can proceed further.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:30 AM
  • thank you 

I will get back to you shortly.

Mudasir

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Sure.

Also please elaborate on the "size solution" which you are looking for.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:07 AM
  • hi Here you go this are my customer requirements, and i am looking for solution architect for VDI Solution

We need 20 VM  with Following sizing for each VM, Prices will be for 1 Year.

24 Core

24 GB

4 TB 

Mudasir

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:26 AM
  • actually my customer require quote for it, do let me know how can i quote it to the customer ? 

Do i need to size solution of it in azure pricing calculator or it can be quote through OLP pre defined SKUS.

Mudasir

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:35 AM
  • Hi,

Azure pricing calculator helps. Here is the link

You can select general purpose VMs or Compute optimized VMs

A VM with exact 24 core is not there in general purpose and compute optimized VM sizes. You can choose 32 cores. 

Generally for a "Standard_D32as_v4" VM , we will get 32 cores and 128 GB of RAM. 

From your requirement you can consider compute optimized VMs where you will get more CPU.  For example "Standard_F32s_v2" VM , we will get 32 cores and 64 GB of RAM. 

You can enter those details in the pricing calculator and selct the region and the number of VMs along with other inputs like reserved pricing etc to get a quote.

For the benefit of the community, Please clickon "mark as answer" for the replies which helped you to solve the problem.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:47 AM
  • please tell me what service types will be used to size this solution, ONLY VMs or VM+Azure Virtual Desktop in pricing calculator?

Mudasir

Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:50 AM
  • You will need only Virtual machines.

Windows virtual desktop is a managed desktop experience and you dont need it for running vms

• Marked as answer by MudasirBari Friday, November 15, 2019 6:11 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Thank you ! :)

Mudasir

• Marked as answer by MudasirBari Friday, December 6, 2019 12:14 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 6:11 AM