Windows Live ID missing

Question

• My windows live id is not working. I do not access the id on a regular basis and I am wondering if it was deleted. I use it to access my small business webpage to make changes. 

Any suggestions how to recover the id and therefore gain access to my company webpage?

John

Monday, December 12, 2011 2:56 PM

Answers

• My windows live id is not working.

There is a  WLSC portal for that...

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10

(BING search for
        windows live id portal
    )

Monday, December 12, 2011 3:23 PM
  • The easiest way to check if you account has been deleted is to try creating a new account with the same name. If it's not possible to create a new account with the same name, try changing your password.

Agreed, it's very annoying all these problems with aged accounts. Google Mail is simply absurd with it, you get "incorrect password" when in fact your account has been tombstoned. And you could re-cover it by creating a new one with the same pass/name pair and re-gain access to your old mails! Imaging what could happen if you'd be 'lucky' to pick correct pass/name pair for somebody else's account? AFAIK, this trick doesn't work on Gmail anymore and still I have bad feelings having faced with all that before.

In other words, that's what you may try if you get Incorrect username or password when logging into your WLID after a long period of no-use: create a new account with the same login name and password. I don't know why but it worked once for me on Gmail.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:40 PM

All replies

• My windows live id is not working.

There is a  WLSC portal for that...

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10

(BING search for
        windows live id portal
    )

Monday, December 12, 2011 3:23 PM
  • The easiest way to check if you account has been deleted is to try creating a new account with the same name. If it's not possible to create a new account with the same name, try changing your password.

Agreed, it's very annoying all these problems with aged accounts. Google Mail is simply absurd with it, you get "incorrect password" when in fact your account has been tombstoned. And you could re-cover it by creating a new one with the same pass/name pair and re-gain access to your old mails! Imaging what could happen if you'd be 'lucky' to pick correct pass/name pair for somebody else's account? AFAIK, this trick doesn't work on Gmail anymore and still I have bad feelings having faced with all that before.

In other words, that's what you may try if you get Incorrect username or password when logging into your WLID after a long period of no-use: create a new account with the same login name and password. I don't know why but it worked once for me on Gmail.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:40 PM