none
export port binding with password RRS feed

• Question

• I have one application name as "bankingsolution" in admin console which contains 40 send port (send port are deploying here from multiple projects) and out of 40 send port 10 ports using authentication (username/password) at send port

I have to redeploy the "bankingsolution" once again due to some change in logic. Now problem is again for getting those 40 send ports.

I know the first answer will be --

Export binding file first then redeploy "bankingsolution" project and then import exported binding file….right but in that case all 10 send ports which are having authentication will not configured with proper username/password and the reason is that in port binding master file the password is

In Password vt="1”  means password is equivalent NULL due to this password is not populated or send port not working

<TransportTypeData>&lt;CustomProps&gt;&lt;Username vt="8"&gt;003001&lt;/Username&gt;&lt;UseProxy vt="11"&gt;0&lt;/UseProxy&gt;&lt;ProxyPort vt="3"&gt;80&lt;/ProxyPort&gt;&lt;AuthenticationScheme vt="8"&gt;Basic&lt;/AuthenticationScheme&gt;&lt;UseHandlerSetting vt="11"&gt;-1&lt;/UseHandlerSetting&gt;&lt;Password vt="1" /&gt;&lt;ContentType vt="8"&gt;text/xml;charset=UTF-8&lt;/ContentType&gt;&lt;UseSSO vt="11"&gt;0&lt;/UseSSO&gt;&lt;EnableChunkedEncoding vt="11"&gt;0&lt;/EnableChunkedEncoding&gt;&lt;/CustomProps&gt;</TransportTypeData>

To overcome this we can change this &lt;Password vt="1" /&gt;to &lt;Password vt="8" &gt;test&lt;/Password&gt;  and now if we will import after this it is working good…

But now again we import binding then it is coming again like &lt;Password vt="1" /&gt;so now my question is

Is there any way to export binding file with proper password? So that if we again import we should not enter password manually 

Friday, July 22, 2016 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Manoj,

Sorry! It looks like I did miss your point. Here is the naked truth: you will need to enter the passwords into a file manually at least one time. Be it in BTDF settings file, the exported bindings file or a secondary file containing only the transport information including the passwords

Considering you do it only one time, it really isn't that bad. Your admin will not need to reenter passwords at every deployment.

Peter Owens has an interesting approach to this. I have done something very similar a few times in the past , where clients have 80, 100 integrations with 100's of ports.

Check out his article BizTalk Binding Export and Import – with Passwords. This is as close to what you need as it gets.

Do this with the Powershell BizTalk Provider, or if you already use BTDF, do it with BTDF.

My Technet Articles

If you like this or another reply, vote it up!
    If you think this or another reply answers the original question, mark it or propose it as an answer.

Mauricio Feijo
    www.mauriciofeijo.com

Friday, July 22, 2016 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Manoj

Unfortunately no. What you can do is after exporting the binding file, edit and populate the passwords in the binding file manually for the relevant ports.

This binding file can then be reused.

Thanks Arindam

Friday, July 22, 2016 3:46 PM
  • There is no way to export Passwords with the Bindings.  There is no way around this.

You have three options:

1. Reset the password on each Port after importing.

2. Modify the binding file before import to include the passwords.  Then store this as a master binding file.

3. Use a Deployment solution like BTDF to maintain binding for each environment which can include passwords.

Friday, July 22, 2016 4:28 PM
  • Hi,

Like the other experts suggested you cannot export password in bindings, especially when you are using the biding files imported. You will have to manually modify the password field to contain real passwords.

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:15 PM
  • The password never gets exported in the binding file hence modify it manually before you import  is the way to go.

Regards Pushpendra K Singh

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:17 PM
  • Manoj,

That can be easily done and for 10  send ports it shouldnt take more then 10 minutes.

After exporting the bindings you have to edit the binding file. 

Find the <TransportTypeData> element for the send ports you need to work on.

Inside that tag you will have  a <Password vt="1" /> tag encoded like this: &lt;Password vt="1" /&gt;.

Change that to <Password vt="8">YOURPASSWORD</Password>. Of course encode it properly.

You can do this with Shift+Ctrl+H in Visual Studio in no time.

IMPORTANT:

When editing binding files that have filter expressions, you need to be sure Visual Studio did not add a CRLF in the filter expression. That is a common issue that will bring up adverse errors that can be hard to troubleshoot. So, Make sure you save the binding file and compare the filter expressions. If a CRLF was added, remove it. I talk about this on this MSDN article: 

BizTalk Troubleshooting: Could not enlist Send Port. Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00CE557

My Technet Articles

If you think this or another reply answers the original question, mark it or propose it as an answer.

Mauricio Feijo
    www.mauriciofeijo.com

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:29 PM
  • Mauricio,

Thanks for you reply,

I think you missed my concern which I already written above ..the answer which you are talking about that I already implemented but my question about export password in port binding file and the answer was no as per my knowledge as well..but i was wondering if there are any possibilities to get them in setting file.

Thanks

Manoj 

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:40 PM
  • Hi,

There is absolutely no way you can export password in binding file...you have to configure them manually.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Hi Manoj,

Sorry! It looks like I did miss your point. Here is the naked truth: you will need to enter the passwords into a file manually at least one time. Be it in BTDF settings file, the exported bindings file or a secondary file containing only the transport information including the passwords

Considering you do it only one time, it really isn't that bad. Your admin will not need to reenter passwords at every deployment.

Peter Owens has an interesting approach to this. I have done something very similar a few times in the past , where clients have 80, 100 integrations with 100's of ports.

Check out his article BizTalk Binding Export and Import – with Passwords. This is as close to what you need as it gets.

Do this with the Powershell BizTalk Provider, or if you already use BTDF, do it with BTDF.

My Technet Articles

Mauricio Feijo
    www.mauriciofeijo.com

Friday, July 22, 2016 9:53 PM
  • Hi,

There is absolutely no way you can export password in binding file...you have to configure them manually.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Hi There,

If an admin at least get the WMI object to use for password update. The life will be much easier to reset the password for 100s of send ports.

Thanks, Rahul

Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:15 AM
  • Start using SSO affiliate applications in ur send ports. Most of the adapters support this.

If u r using this, u dont need to worry about the passwords getting missing in bindings.

For any change in pwd, u just update the SSO and its ready for all sendports that are using the same credentials. No need to update for each send port as u would do if u r managing passwords in binding files.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:32 AM
    Answerer