Powerpivot for Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

My team is having nothing but trouble getting Powerpivot to work on our machines.

Specs:

Windows 7x64 Ultimate
    Office 2010
    Powerpivot x86 for x86 office (we do not use the 64-bit version)

The symptoms so far have been that only one team member has been able to use the document, when I tried with a fresh installation I was getting "Initialization of the data source failed" followed by "A pivottable, cube function or slicer using connection ' ' has failed to refresh."

I found one help page here MSDN and was able to fix my issues by following that, but now another team mate with the exact same issue is unable to work with the sheet and has tried the steps in that document twice.

Thank you for any assistance provided.

Friday, October 19, 2012 10:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does anyone know where I could get more help with this?

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:48 PM
  • Hello:

My team is having nothing but trouble getting Powerpivot to work on our machines.

Specs:

Windows 7x64 Ultimate
    Office 2010
    Powerpivot x86 for x86 office (we do not use the 64-bit version)

The symptoms so far have been that only one team member has been able to use the document, when I tried with a fresh installation I was getting "Initialization of the data source failed" followed by "A pivottable, cube function or slicer using connection ' ' has failed to refresh."

I found one help page here MSDN and was able to fix my issues by following that, but now another team mate with the exact same issue is unable to work with the sheet and has tried the steps in that document twice.

Thank you for any assistance provided.

• Moved by Quist Zhang Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:32 AM More appropriate (From:Excel for Developers)
    • Merged by Elvis Long Friday, October 26, 2012 8:30 AM duplicate
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:52 PM
  • Hi Kerensky18,

What's the version of your Office 2010? If you install the 32-bit version of Excel, you must use the 32-bit version of PowerPivot. You can refer to the prerequisites in the link below:
    PowerPivot for Excel Installation: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210599.aspx

In your case, you can try to install Service Pack 1 for Office 2010 to see if this help. For more information, please see:
    Description of Office 2010 SP1: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460049

Regards,

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Hi Kerensky18,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

According to your description, I'd like to move your thread to SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel Forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:30 AM