Connection Strings in ADO.NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Im a bit of a novice and was wondering where the best place to find information about how to get my connection string working would be? Im using SQL server and Visual Studio 2005. Im so confused because i spent some time working with Visual Studio 2003 and it appears that the methods for connecting to the database has been updated in VS 2005. I have tried several tutorials and i spent some time doing  the MSDN Virtual labs on this topic. However these virtual labs are using Visual Studio 2003 and when i try to implement this code in Visual Studio 2005 it appears that the namespaces for the methods i require have been changed.

Im not really sure what im doing wrong. I have tried both using an application configuration file to store the connection string and physically creating the connection string in the Visual basic code.

The connection is (local) a back up stored on my desktop

The SERVER name is: EBONY,

The DATABASE is called: ERWeb

My USERNAME is: testname

And my PASSWORD is: somepass

Hopefully someone can suggest a location where i can find out the VS 2005 practises for connecting to databases using ADO.NET that will explain how to implement a connection for newbies..

Hope some one helps thx :D

Monday, December 18, 2006 4:46 PM

Answers

All replies