none
No help RRS feed

Answers

• Hi DJaus,
    Thanks for your question. Help is available only when the package "Help and Support Engine" is included in your configuration. Also most individual help files are packaged the corresponding features. So to look up the help for a particular package you might need to add the "Help and Support Engine" package in addition to the feature package.

Thanks
    Shiv

Shivkumar Swaminathan - MSFT
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi DJaus,
    Thanks for your question. Help is available only when the package "Help and Support Engine" is included in your configuration. Also most individual help files are packaged the corresponding features. So to look up the help for a particular package you might need to add the "Help and Support Engine" package in addition to the feature package.

Thanks
    Shiv

Shivkumar Swaminathan - MSFT
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:04 PM
  • I note that there are some help files in the Windows directory.
    I had enabled most feature so can't so why I didn't enable help.

If it was enabled, what files (some) should have been installed?
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:11 AM
  • I created another image specifically making sure that the Help option was fully enabled.

Still have this problem:

[Window Title]
    Windows Help and Support

[Main Instruction]
    Windows Help and Support can’t start

[Content]
    There is a problem with Windows Help and Support. To view our online Help content, visit the Windows website..

[OK]

Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:15 PM
  • I am having the same issue with Windows Server 2008. This is a fresh install and help was working fine until yesterday. Then all of the sudden it quit working. Only thing i did yesterday was setup some file shares and change a few settings on the firewall.

I have tried turning off the firewall and still have the same problem.

You talked about making sure the "Help and Support Engine" is included in your configuration. I looked all over for this and can't find it. It is not listed as a feature for Server 2008. Also there is no Help and Support service under windows services.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:44 PM