Can't change font size in Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed Visual Studio Express C++ and have been using it a short while.  At first, the font in the text editor was being displayed at the default 10px.  However, now whenever I use Visual Studio, the font appears to be something huge like 20px.  It makes it hard to look at an entire page of code.  Same thing for the output window.

I've gone to Tools/Options/Environment/Fonts and Colors and changed the font settings.  However, no matter what value I enter, the font displayed in the text editor does not change.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Visual Studio, but it does not fix this problem.  I've also tried executing on the command line

vcexpress /resetuserdata

but this does not fix the problem either.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Actually you are in right direction to solve your font size issue.

"Tools | Options | Environment -> Fonts and Colors" is correct approach.

Meanwhile, please make sure that the selected item from "Show settings for" dropdown list is "Text Editor" and the selected item from "Display Items" dropdown list is "Plain Text". Then choose appropriate value from "Size" dropdown list.

Hope it can help you.

Best wishes,

Robin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:16 AM