none
Creating multiple transaction sets of 837 P without using Batching orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I was trying to create multiple transaction sets of 837 inside a map using a XSL. I’m trying to do this inorder to avoid using Batching orchestration where we have to wait for certain amount of time to create the final file. The above approach will eliminate the wait time and create the file in one shot. Here I’m able to use the XSL and create multiple transaction sets in the file without any issue, if i have a XML output (XML transmit pipeline). Although if I use the EDI Pipeline for sending the 837, my send pipeline fails and creates the following errors.

Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline.
    Details: Error: 1 (Miscellaneous error)
    8: No matching child node found

Error: 2 (Segment level error)
    SegmentID: ST
    Position in TS: 130
    2: Unexpected segment

Error: 3 (Field level error)
    SegmentID: NM1
    Position in TS: 136
    Data Element ID: NM101__EntityIdentifierCode
    Position in Segment: 1
    Data Value: 40
    7: Invalid code value

Error: 4 (Field level error)
    SegmentID: NM1
    Position in TS: 136
    Data Element ID: NM103__SubmitterLastOrOrganizationName
    Position in Segment: 3
    Data Value:
    1: Mandatory data element missing

Any idea on how I could avoid these errors and create a multiple transaction set 837 in one shot?

Thanks!

Ram
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ram,

All the error's you have mentioned are related to your mapping (creating the 837 X12 XML).

Yes, it will create the XML file without any issue if you use the XML Transmit Pipeline. EDI Assembler in the EDI Send Pipeline will do the Validation of your 837 X12 XML against the 837 Schema.

Error 1 and 2 are related to the 837 X12 XML you are creating and it's not according to the 837 Schema.

Error 3

NM101 in 1000A loop cannot have value as 40, It should be 41.

Error 4:

NM103 in 1000A loop (Submitter Last or Organization Name) should have a minimum length of 1 and it cannot be empty.

I suggest that you look more into mapping from your source to the 837 X12 XML.

Unless you fix these mapping issues, EDI Send Pipeline will not allow to create the EDI File.

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:16 AM
  • Sathish,

The error that confuses me is the error 2, which says unexpected segment. Is the presence of multiple ST segments in a file causing this error? Other than that may be I have to look into the xml output to see if the above mentioned fields are populated correctly or not. Will have to look more into the map output to see the issues. As I see there should not be any issues in the values, as they are hardcoded for all the transaction sets.

Thanks!

Ram
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:24 AM
  • Sathish,

I did a check on how the values are passed and its quite weird to see these errors. The value of NM101 in 1000A is "41" and its the value of NM101 in 1000B that is "40" and thats how it has to be. This is what is pointed out as error. The value of NM103 in 1000A loop is always populated and its hardcoded to some string say "ABC". These errors 3 and 4 are just confusing and these places are populated correctly in the XML file, guess thats how its trying to create in the edi file (native format). Not sure why these errors has to araise.

The error 1 seems to be a issue with the XSL logic where I try create everything from ST, fresh for a new provider from the input. Although this does not happen if my input has just one provider.

Thanks!

Ram
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Ram,

The Output from map should be in this format http://blog.tsathish.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SampleBatchedInterchnage.png

Also interchange values should be populated to the message before sending to the Send port.

I am not sure about the XSL and the Transformation you are using.

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Hi Satish,

I am mapping a flat file to EDI 850 file. I use a FF disassembler to read my flat file and then map it to the 850. However when I add batching in my Party EDI properties, it still gives me different files. I am not getting the output as I get my input. One interchange with multiple transaction sets. Is there any way I can do without creating an orchestration. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:02 PM
  • Sathish,

I tried your solution on EDI 277. got below error. message xml is same structure as u mentioned above. if I send indivudual xml's through edisend it is genarating edi file. Please help me.

Snd_EDI
    C:\Test\SendEDI\Out\%MessageID%.edi
          Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline. Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Friday, July 8, 2011 8:53 PM