none
object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found problem RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Wouter,

Thanks for the further explaintation.

According to the description, the issue seems that the Workboook on the client side(with lower Excel version) couldn't run the VBA after it opened by server(higher version Excel application).

If I understood correctly, that sounds that the issue is relative to the specific version of Excel product or the updates.

I suggest you contacting Microsoft support to raise an incident so that our engineer could work closely with him to identify the root cause and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged.

Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Wouter Defour Friday, January 2, 2015 10:07 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Wouter Defour,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

>>I've got this error on the client computers (everything works fine on the server computer). I did the steps above on the client computers, but the problem still persists.<<

If I understood correctly, the KB didn't fix the issue on the client side? Did this issue occur on a particular computer? Could this issue be reproduce when you move the specific spreadsheet to another computer or server side?

If the issue only occur on the specifc computer, I suspect the issue is relative to Excel application. I suggest that you check the version between the version could works and couldn't.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, January 1, 2015 5:50 AM
  • Hello,

The main concern I've got now is the fact that I have some excel's that have been refreshed by the server with the new KB.

On the clients however the new KB is not installed and there seems to be a version difference: the excel won't execute any VBA. It looks like the server has put excel into a higher version and the client (with a lower version) can't cope with this.

I work for a large company with high administration, so it will take long until the new KB is distributed to every client. Meanwhile our IT has uninistalled the new KB on the server, so this solves one of my problems.

The main problem I have now, is the fact that all my excel's that were once refreshed are in a higher version. I cannot use these excels anymore (more than 100 reports with heavy VBA). I get the error above and I'm unable to get any VBA working.

I hope you understand and appreciate your time.

Best regards,

Wouter

Friday, January 2, 2015 8:32 AM
  • Hi Wouter,

Thanks for the further explaintation.

According to the description, the issue seems that the Workboook on the client side(with lower Excel version) couldn't run the VBA after it opened by server(higher version Excel application).

If I understood correctly, that sounds that the issue is relative to the specific version of Excel product or the updates.

I suggest you contacting Microsoft support to raise an incident so that our engineer could work closely with him to identify the root cause and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged.

Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Regards & Fei

• Marked as answer by Wouter Defour Friday, January 2, 2015 10:07 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 9:20 AM