none
Installing .Net Framework Problems RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

After trying to run an application and receiving the following message:

Could not load file or assembly 'sorttbis.nip' or one of it's dependencies

I was told by the application tech support to repair or remove and reload .Net Framework to fix this.  I could not remove .Net Framework by using Add/Remove Programs.  I tried using the Windows Installer Clean-Up to remove .Net Framework so I could download a fresh copy.  It appeared to be gone, because it was no longer listed under Add/Remove Programs.  When I tried to download and install .Net Framework 2.0, I got the following:

Set cannot continue because this version of the .Net Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one.

Since the installation in Add/Remove Programs was SP1, I than tried to install .Net Framework 2.0 SP1.  I got the following:

Setup Error.

How can I get a good copy of .Net Framework installed?  Apparently, the first installation was defective.  How do I get a clean removal of the original installation when it no longer appears in Add/Remove Programs?

Thanks,
    Maineengineer

• Moved by Figo Fei Monday, November 10, 2008 4:39 AM redirect (Moved from .NET Services - Technical Discussions to .NET Framework Setup)
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 2:46 PM

Answers

All replies