none
ADODB problems - Connecting Database to access - Error Says "Reference Component ADODB cannot be found! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am newbie in ADODB connections. I really want to learn at least the basic of it. Can anyone help me about my problem? I found out to some tutorials that before i can connect to my program to Ms Access database, I have to do this little piece of instruction. Go to Project - Add Reference - Click on COM tab, scroll to Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library". Now, I already have done it but when i tried to build my project, an errors appear and the error is just like this "

Warning 1 Cannot find wrapper assembly for type library "ADODB". Verify that (1) the COM component is registered correctly and (2) your target platform is the same as the bitness of the COM component. For example, if the COM component is 32-bit, your target platform must not be 64-bit.

warning Could not resolve COM reference "4affc9a0-5f99-101b-af4e-00aa003f0f07" version 9.0. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Warning 3 The referenced component 'ADODB' could not be found. 

Warning 4 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access' could not be found.

I have attached  my screenshot for anyone to see. Please tell me what to do about it!. Step by step process

Thanks a lot. ;)

• Moved by Tina-Shi Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:20 AM the issue is related to the ado.net issue
    Monday, September 29, 2014 4:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi nordxx,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Since the issue is related to the ADO.NET, we will move the case to the ADO.NET forum, it would better support the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi nordxx,

For your issue ,i suggest that you can ado.net connect to ms access  database:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms971485.aspx

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:15 PM
  • I don't think that COM library is supported in managed code. You should use ADO.Net instead.

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:47 PM