none
USB - Win7/64: Updating a driver not seen by all devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have noticed a strange scenario when updating my KMDF based USB driver. If I have multiple instances of my device attached (each with its own serial number. Customer spec requires that up to four devices can be attached) and update the driver through the device manager only the driver on one device seems to get updated. When I reboot the system the other devices still have the older driver associated with them.

I have scanned the registry with regedit but find no reference to any driver other than the one installed under C:\Windows\System32\drivers. So, where do the other devices select their driver copies?

How can I make sure that all physically attached device instances get updated simultaneously without having to click through each one manually?

Thanks,

Charles

• Moved by Caillen Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:37 AM
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:28 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hi cfgardiner,

Welcome to post in MSDN forums.

I'm afraid it's not an appropriate forum for your question. This is a forum for questions about Visual C# language.

I'am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:36 AM