Application Updgrade RRS feed

• Question

• User-574293449 posted

hi,

I have an web applciation running in my clients. The applciaztion uses core ado.net and web pages. The application structure like below;

1. one Web application

2. Seperate class libraries for each module Data Access

All the data access are using data set, data table and data view. For insert / update all the needced parameters are passed to the Class fucntion. (There is no entity or custom class concepts. )

Now we are upgrading this applciation. The application have the following compactibilites

1. Web Service Support (Interacting / exchange data between third party system )

2. UI with JSON / JQuery

3. Can be hosted in Cloud

4. XML  import  / export

5. Excel data import

But we are very limited time and resource to go for very high layered or MVC architecture. So kindly help me what improments or architectural changes need to do for all this compatibility in a better way . Kindly give the pros and cons of the approach also

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 8:17 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

No one can possibly give you any useful information based on the outline you have provided above.

What you should do is think a lot more about the level of detail you need to provide people who know nothing at all about your application so that they can help you come to a conclusion. As you do that, you will realise that only you can answer your own question. For example, you said the application needs to support XML import/export. Does it currently do that? If so, how? If not, how should it support import? what are the sources? What about validation? How should it support XML export? And so on. Please don't answer those questions. They just illustrate the kind of things you should be thinking about. And I have barely started. 

Estimating is not an easy process. It takes time and effort. YOUR effort. You have to consider all the facts. It's not something you can throw out to a forum like this.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 1, 2014 1:31 PM