How to get notified when user remove a breakpoint from the breakpoint window RRS feed

Answers

• After some discussion with the Ms VS team, there is no service to get event from the breakpoint window. There is at least one other possibility than pooling, but it's complicated. So we will stop trying to use the VS breakpoint window, and do one on our own. 

• Marked as answer by RA_BRQ_MSDN Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:00 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi ISa_MSDN,

Why you think it is ugly to constantly check the current breakpoint list?

I have searched a lot and I think constantly checking the current breakpoint list is a proper way.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:08 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

If it wasn't ugly event would not exist. But I don't want to go into that debate.

I'm almost sure another way exists because I remember about a new service being added in Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 about that. But I can't find it L

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:50 PM
  • Hi ISa_MSDN,

I aplogize for delay.

Has it been solved? If yes, could you please share the solution with us?

If no, I suggest you consider what said below.

A breakpoint has three states: Pending, Bound, and Error. When you set a breakpoint, it is Pending, and it is represented by a solid red icon. When the runtime has loaded the workflow type, it becomes Bound. If you specify an incorrect format for the breakpoint, such as an activity name that is not valid, an error window appears. The breakpoint is still added to the breakpoint window, but it is marked with a small "x". So you can use IDebugBoundBreakpoint2.

IDebugBoundBreakpoint2::GetPendingBreakpoint : Gets the pending breakpoint from which the specified bound breakpoint was created.

More information, please refer to :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-cn/library/bb161979(v=vs.110).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-cn/library/bb145337(v=vs.110).aspx

If you still have any question, be free to let me know.

• Edited by Anna Cc Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:33 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:32 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

I asked about this problem to the Visual Studio team (we're VSIP), but no response so far. Of course I will post it here ASAP.

I'm aware about the debug engine API but it's enabled only when the debug engine is running. So this means these API are not available during design mode unfortunately. The service/API I'm looking for is supposed to be available during design and debug mode.

• Edited by RA_BRQ_MSDN Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:31 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:31 PM
  • After some discussion with the Ms VS team, there is no service to get event from the breakpoint window. There is at least one other possibility than pooling, but it's complicated. So we will stop trying to use the VS breakpoint window, and do one on our own. 

• Marked as answer by RA_BRQ_MSDN Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:00 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:59 PM