none
MS Word 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way how I can swith between two different tables in a single document that is I have two different tables but no room to place them in a single doc., therefore I want to swith so that I can select the disered table.  Thanks for the guru that is goint to find me a solution :)
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:23 PM

All replies

• Could you please provide more details about the tables, such as size, content, etc. that make them too large for a single document.

Are we talking about completely static tables? Tables you'd need to edit and retain the information during "switching"?

Also, what would you consider to be an acceptable way to do the switching?

<<Thanks for the guru that is goint to find me a solution :)>>

How much programming background to you have? THis forum targets helping people with specific problems while programming. It's not here for providing "plug-in" solutions from start to finish. That's something the people who come here for help get paid for...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:16 PM
  • When I wrote about space I was not referring to capacity but availability of space that does not permit to place both tables underneath each other, therefore it's not a matter of size unless you were referring to the dimensions. With regards to their functionality, these need to be edited, therefore it is not a matter of a static table. Information would need not be retained between switching. As far as MTV programming background, I do not have too much , if this counts...thanks for your feedback...a
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Yes,I am referring to dimensions. A Word table can rarely, if ever, be too large for a Single document. So I'm having difficulty envisioning your scenario... Especially Since you say these will need to be edited. Please tell us more about how you want to use Word I have no idea what you mean by MTV. Word uses VBA as a programming language.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:34 PM
  • I will provide you with a copy of the document (probably as attachment to an e-mail would be the best way of doing it); so if it is no hassle, you may wish to provide me with your e-mail address...my idea is to have the entire contents entered in a one page document...pls. ignore MTV, this was a typo error...thanks again for your prompt feedback...a
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:38 PM