WinJS NavBar CSS bug?

Question

• Hello All!

I am trying to customize the navBar control in my WinJS App. So far so good. The only problem I am facing is when a user taps or clicks on an item in the navBar depending on the theme, the item gets a background-color of black or white in its active state. I have tried the following css in various combinations using my own styles and redefining the WinJS UI styles for the .win-navbarcommand item

I want to change the background and font color when an item in the navbar is pressed or active.

#navBar .win-navbarcommand-button:active {
        background-color: red;
        color: white;
    } 

Thanks Guys! Just got a new Microsoft surface Pro 2 and it rocks!

Friday, November 22, 2013 5:37 AM

Answers

• Hi samguddy,

Great! Enjoy your Surface Pro!

And what's the problem you are facing? When the navbar button is pressed or active, we can say it is focused and we can modify the CSS for the focus part. I'm not sure if I correctly understand your question, but hopefully it helps you.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, November 25, 2013 11:25 AM