The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

azure DDOS/DOS protection for beginners RRS feed

• Question

• hello brothers 

i rent some azure vm which has load balancing but under ddos the connection for some programs down - drop connection- 

iam a beginner in azure so the question is : does vmware has an automatic protection system after deploy it or i have to create some security profiles or filter ?? because i dont thing azure vmware is weak under simple ddos attack 

please guys provide me anyway can help me to protect my vm 

thanks

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Ayman,

Thank you for posting here!

Microsoft has applied more than 20 years of experience with building enterprise software and running some of the world’s largest online services to create a robust set of security technologies and practices. These help ensure that the Azure infrastructure is resilient to attack, safeguards user access to the Azure environment, and helps keep your data secure through encrypted communications. We also use sophisticated threat management and mitigation practices, including regular penetration testing.

Microsoft Azure’s load balancing will practically mitigate Denial of service attacks from internet and internal networks. The mitigation is done in conjunction with the developer defining an appropriate service definition VM instance count scale-out.

On the internet, Azure VMs are only accessible through public virtual IP addresses (VIPs). VIP traffic is routed through Azure’s load-balancing infrastructure.    

Azure security center helps you prevent, detect and respond to threads with increased visibility into and control over the security of Azure resources. It provides integrated security monitoring and policy management across your Azure subscriptions.

For more information, kindly go through link shown below:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/security-center-intro/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/CloudServices/Azure

Regards,

Pradeep 

Friday, April 1, 2016 9:12 AM