none
Visual Studio 2008 Routing Assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Sir / Madam,

I have install Visual Studio 2008 on my machine (OS: Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit).

I am working on an application to create URL Routing. I have searched online & got a sample application (linked below):
    http://www.aspsnippets.com/Articles/How-to-hide-remove-ASPX-extension-in-URL-in-ASPNet.aspx

In this article they have suggested to use System.Web.Routing. And then they have used a method as routes.MapPageRoute("", "", "")

Now, when i am using this method it showing me a blue underline under this method and on running an application showing me message as: MapPageRoute is not a member of System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.

I have asked on that Forum about this method and they have suggested me that "May be your Visual Studio has not been installed properly because that method has to support once System.Web.Routing has been imported'.

Therefore my question is really this can happen that visual studio not been installed completely.

Hope you should do needfull..

Thursday, December 4, 2014 12:38 PM

Answers

• What version of the .Net Framework are you using? MapPageRoute appears to have been added with version 4, it did not exist in version 3.5 of the Framework.

I suspect that you will need to upgrade to a more recent version of Visual Studio in order to target Framework 4.0 or higher. Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition is free for individuals and small companies and has all the functionality of Visual Studio Professional.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Hello k.sumeet,

It seems that there is not a separate download site for the win7 SP1, you could follow the second step in link provided by Vivek.G:

Installing SP1 using Windows Update (recommended)

To set to automatically install updates firstly and check updates.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by k.sumeet Thursday, January 1, 2015 6:08 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• What version of the .Net Framework are you using? MapPageRoute appears to have been added with version 4, it did not exist in version 3.5 of the Framework.

I suspect that you will need to upgrade to a more recent version of Visual Studio in order to target Framework 4.0 or higher. Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition is free for individuals and small companies and has all the functionality of Visual Studio Professional.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Sir, i am working on 3.5 framework. As they have written at the beginning of article that URL Rewriting supports on 3.5 SP1 .NET framework.

From where should I able to get Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition ?

Friday, December 5, 2014 5:29 AM
  • Hello,

>>From where should I able to get Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition?

You could download the ISO from the below site:

http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Select Visual Studio Community & Express for downloading.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, December 5, 2014 8:06 AM
  • Sir,

I have downloaded an ISO from the link you have provided.

From Visual Studio Community & Express  >  Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Express 2013 with Update 4

When i run  the ISO it shows me the message as below:

Error : TF400157 : Service Pack 1 or higher is required for this version of Windows.

sir how should i know the Service Pack of windows installed on my PC?

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:13 AM
  • Hey,

Please refer to below link for more info on installing.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/install-windows-7-service-pack-1

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:26 AM
  • Sir, i have checked as you have suggested... and found that it is not a Service Pack 1.

How should i upgrade window with Service Pack 1?
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:36 AM
  • Hello k.sumeet,

It seems that there is not a separate download site for the win7 SP1, you could follow the second step in link provided by Vivek.G:

Installing SP1 using Windows Update (recommended)

To set to automatically install updates firstly and check updates.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by k.sumeet Thursday, January 1, 2015 6:08 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:13 AM