none
How can I open an old project WITHOUT changing it using Visual Studio Community 2015?

Question

• Hi

I am using Visual Studio Community 2015 for the first time.

I have also installed VisualSVN.

I find the revision of the program I want using VisualSVN > Repo-Browser.

It was built using Visual Studio 2010.

I get the Solution from Subversion.

I get the following messages:

Files altered during conversion were not checked out from your version control system.
    The project model has completed analyzing a large file.

I don't need any unauthorized changes - I need them as they are.

How do I open my project?

Regards

Steve

• Edited by OneStellaSteve Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:29 PM clarifying question
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Firstly, there is a clarification with you:

Is the VS 2010 installed on the same machine with VS 2015?

(1)If they are in the same machine, please try to open this project on VS 2010 to see if there is any error information.

(a) If it couldn’t be opened,  we’d better to check that whether it is related to the version control tool.

You could create a new project on VS 2015 (The same type as the project you failed to open),

Then please unload Unload Project and edit it, please compare with two csproj files, focusing on the version control property/tag.

If there is any difference between them, first of all, you had better to back up the project  which is failed to open, then delete and disable the different excess labels.

After making sure the two csproj files are the same, please try to open the project again to see if it works.

(b) If you could open it in your VS2010, just the VS2015 has this issue after you remove the version control property in your .xxproj file, I think we would think about the project’s compatibility:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

(2) If the VS2010 and VS2015 are not in the same machine, maybe you could test it in a single VS2010 machine which couldn’t connect the version control tool, so we could know that whether it is related to the version control property in the .xxproj file or the project or others.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:16 AM