OCR in a C# Store App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking to add camera OCR functionality to my Windows 8(.1) store app. I have done many searches, but haven't come up with any free OCR libraries that can run in a Windows Store app (other than the Bing libraries, which, although they work, are not free past 5000 uses). If anyone knows of a free, preferably open-source, C# Windows Store library that can do OCR on camera images and find any character (including special characters, mathematical symbols, etc), I would appreciate a link or some more information.

Thanks,

Wasabi Fan

Wasabi Fan

Friday, September 13, 2013 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hi, Wasabi

This forum is main about developing windows store app in windows 8. You thread means that you want to look for Third-party tools to implement your requirements. If so, we do not provide support to it. And that’s why Jeff change your thread type. If you have any questions about windows store app, I am willing to help you.

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by Anne Jing Monday, September 16, 2013 5:31 AM from
    Monday, September 16, 2013 5:30 AM