none
Exchange 2010 Failed Messages to specific domains RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!  I'm a noob to Exchange and trying to sort out why messages to a specific domain are failing.  I've checked the domain's DNS but find no problems and no differences between DNS on our Exchange server and tools like MXToolBox.  When I look at the Exchange queue the 'Last Error' column is null.  I've used PowerShell and Get-MessageTrackingLog to find the message.  I see that it has failed but not WHY it's failed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:39 PM

All replies

• Please enable SMTP Verbose logging https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/connectors/configure-protocol-logging?view=exchserver-2019 and check the SMTP send logs this should tell you if your server is able to greet the recipient SMTP server and what happens as soon as the HELO Command is issued

at the same time try running Telnet based SMTP commands to recipient MX record on port 25 

and see what response you get

Most of the servers nowdays will block you if you dont have proper SPF, DKIM and DMARC in place and if your SENDING IP is showing up in blocked list etc

also check the send connectors on your server side to see all looks OK

Vinny | Freelancer | Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert| Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator | Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate| ITILV3 | PMP

Friday, February 14, 2020 3:49 AM