none
Best Practices setting up servers IIS, BizTalk for AS2 EDI Transmission RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am newbie to AS2 EDI transmission. We have our first implementation for AS2 EDI.

We want to set up IIS & website for AS2 transmission on different server than BizTalk server. BizTalk server will be behind firewall.

I read BizTalk AS2 tutorial. It uses IIS and BizTalk on same server.

Please can someone provide some info for this scenario to set up and configuration for AS2 transmission of IIS, BizTalk and certificates configuration on respective servers?

Using Microsoft BizTalk adapter is better or using N software adapters?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:56 PM

Answers

• No, the BizTalk AS2 component, BTSHttpReceive.dll only only works on the BizTalk server. There is not a supported technique for deploying it to a different server. I would try the N Software adapter instead but I am actually not sure if it is possible to put their adapter on a different server either.

I am pretty sure there is some way of proxying across the IIS host remotely, I have just not seen any documentation of this. You could also build a custom adapter or website / handler to dump out the AS2 messages as a file port to be consumed by BizTalk.

One part of the AS2 tutorial (on BizTalk 2006 at C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\SDK\AS2 Tutorial\Sender) gives you a fairly good starting point for an IIS handler that can run outside of BizTalk's server. This sample sends an AS2 request but gives you some relevant code. Your AS2 MDN address could point back to an IIS handler too and then you would just need to connect to BizTalk inside of the handler (perhaps calling a service on the BizTalk box or using files, etc).

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:17 AM