How to work with a asymmetrical encrypt on PCL? RRS feed

• Question

• User197000 posted

I am trying to use the PCL Contrib but i don´t know how use this... i am not finding how add the reference !

So, i tried to use the PCL Crypto, but i am just finding examples of symetrical crypto and worked for me. But i need the asymmetrical. If someone has a example, please, show me.

Friday, September 16, 2016 3:39 PM

Answers

• User197000 posted

@MatthewS_JCA said: This is an absolutely massive question, and generally anything crypto should be left to an expert. Crypto is hard, and very easy to get wrong. The way to implement depends on what your needs are as to how to implement.

Yes !! Absolutelly... but here, i have to learn and do this by myself...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 8:03 PM

All replies

• User1278 posted

Have you looked at bouncycastle for PCL? This library is pretty solid and there are tons of examples for different encryption methods.

Friday, September 16, 2016 6:11 PM
  • User197000 posted

@RaymondKelly said: Have you looked at bouncycastle for PCL? This library is pretty solid and there are tons of examples for different encryption methods.

I saw...but i need a example code !! I am not a experting programmer... and never did a asymmetric crypto!!

In my case, i have a Client-side and the Web-Api... i have to send a password encrypted to the web-api and after check, sent a json encrypted from web-api to the Client .

Monday, September 19, 2016 2:31 PM
  • User197000 posted

Can i fix a Private Key on the server and send the random public key by json or querystring ? Or i always have to use, for example, RsaKeyPairGenerator ?

Monday, September 19, 2016 6:18 PM
  • User231002 posted

This is an absolutely massive question, and generally anything crypto should be left to an expert. Crypto is hard, and very easy to get wrong. The way to implement depends on what your needs are as to how to implement.

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:24 PM
  • User197000 posted

@MatthewS_JCA said: This is an absolutely massive question, and generally anything crypto should be left to an expert. Crypto is hard, and very easy to get wrong. The way to implement depends on what your needs are as to how to implement.

Yes !! Absolutelly... but here, i have to learn and do this by myself...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 8:03 PM