none
Office Web Add-Ins: How to add "Install Outlook Add-In" button on the website (similar like FindTime does) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a new Add-In for Outlook using Outlook JavaScript API. We have developed a first beta version and created a promo website to promote it. Here it is: https://molecula.email

Now I would like to add an option to install our add-in right from our website. I found this cool new add-in called FindTime which does exactly what I need. They have "Install for Free" button right on the landing page. If I click on the button it would redirect me to the MS login page and if I enter correct Office365 credential it redirects me back on the landing page and the add-in is automatically installed right in me Office365 profile. Next time you open Outlook the add-in already there.

The problem is FindTime developed by Microsoft internally and I am not sure whether they use some internal API to do that.

Is it possible to provide the same kind of UX for our promo website?

Friday, April 15, 2016 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

Base on my understanding, we need to publish the Mail Add-in to Office store. And, we can copy the install link from Office store after we published. However, the user experience maybe a little different. 

Since this issue is more relative to the apps publishing, I would like to move it to Publishing Apps for the Office Store forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

And if you have any issues about apps developing, please feel free to ask here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 18, 2016 1:51 AM