How to build simple website with one menu on top and content below (content by menu click) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I´m a newbie in web developement but I have a lot of experience in programming Desktop WPF applications. I would like to make a website with one constant menu on top or left side of the page and content in the center. Content should change depending on with menuitem the user clicks. There are a lot of tutorial online but so far I have not find what I am looking for. Please advice.

I am using Visual Studio Web Developement 2013 Express.

I have created Desktop WPF applications with menu on top and then filling center grid with UserControls depending on menu click. I was hopeing to do something similar in web developement.

Sorry if this in a wrong forum category...

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:24 PM

Answers

• If you pick the MVC template I think it dumps everything your are asking for into the project automatically.  But I also believe that you can find other online templates which should have what you are looking for.  Note there is a difference between MVC and ASPX forms base web sites.  You may wasn't to look into that.

http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials

MVC is really cool! and it does some very cool things with Entity Framework.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

• Marked as answer by GaiusBaltar Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:53 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:18 AM
  • Open visual studio -> New project -> ASP website (not empty).

You'll get a ready made website.

Noam B.

Do not Forget to Vote as Answer/Helpful, please. It encourages us to help you...

• Proposed as answer by Noam B Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:06 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:06 AM

All replies

• If you pick the MVC template I think it dumps everything your are asking for into the project automatically.  But I also believe that you can find other online templates which should have what you are looking for.  Note there is a difference between MVC and ASPX forms base web sites.  You may wasn't to look into that.

http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials

MVC is really cool! and it does some very cool things with Entity Framework.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:18 AM
  • Open visual studio -> New project -> ASP website (not empty).

You'll get a ready made website.

Noam B.

Do not Forget to Vote as Answer/Helpful, please. It encourages us to help you...

• Proposed as answer by Noam B Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:06 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:06 AM