none
Best way to create WCF "server side code" service from existing WSDL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an existing wsdl and xsd files. Now,  i want to create WCF "server side code" service based on existing WSDL.

I know that svcutil.exe generates host (client side) code. I don't want client side. Please, could any one help me?

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have an existing wsdl and xsd files. Now,  i want to create WCF "server side code" service based on existing WSDL.

At best,  you would only have some stub code created for IService.cs and a Service.cs created that implemented IService I would think.

Any code that actally did something in the Service.cs itself, you would have to write the code yourself.

I could be wrong, because I don't use stuff that rolls stuff for me. I like to roll my own. :)

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:50 PM
  • I also write my own code, but in this case, the client would result in a very specific wsdl file he gave me with other xsd files where the class definition is. I just want the structure of the interface headers (System.SerializableAttribute, XmlTypeAttribute ...) because DataContract and DataMember not given results in the wsdl file.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:18 PM
  • when I use svcutil, I just aligned a little bit with the wsdl file but differences remain as binding, port name. also things prefix like "intf" instead of "tns".
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:25 PM
  • Hi Ahmed LBD,

As far as I know, we can simulate a WCF Service by WSDL file.

we can't create WCF Service automatic.

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

1.How to create a WCF web service from a WSDL

2.WSDL-First development with WCF

Best Regards,

Grady

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:01 AM