none
New Version Location Field SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using a geolocation field in my sharepoint online sites.

I've created it using powershell.

All is working fine, but I receive an email saying that Bing Maps Control v7 is going to be depraceted.

https://blogs.bing.com/maps/June-2016/Bing-Maps-V8-Web-Control-Released

Are my geolocation field going to be updated automatically to use bing maps v8 and call v8 javascript?

Or do I Have to do something ?

I don't want that wy Map view on my lists using this field not working anymore.

Thank you for your answers,

Regards.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:33 AM

Answers

• If you do nothing, at the end of June 2017, the v7 map control script will be redirected to V8. When this happens your app may continue to work depending on the features you are using. If you are just displaying pushpins the default pushpin or standard polygon or polyline shapes, then there likely won't be any issues. If you are using the infobox, there are some breaking changes. It would be best to at least try changing the map script URL in your app to test what, if anything, breaks.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 5:30 PM

All replies

• If you do nothing, at the end of June 2017, the v7 map control script will be redirected to V8. When this happens your app may continue to work depending on the features you are using. If you are just displaying pushpins the default pushpin or standard polygon or polyline shapes, then there likely won't be any issues. If you are using the infobox, there are some breaking changes. It would be best to at least try changing the map script URL in your app to test what, if anything, breaks.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 5:30 PM
  • Thanks for your answer !

I just use the default pushpin with informations of the item inside.

Have a good day.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:20 AM