none
Issue in installation of Kinect V2 SDK on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm trying to install the Kinect V2 SDK on my Windows 10 Machine (Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P, i7-4700MQ, 2xUSB3 Ports, 8GB RAM, 1TB Storage, Visual Studio and Speech Platform Installed, Previous versions of the SDK completely uninstalled), and I'm running into an error with the installation of the 64-bit Runtime for Kinect (it gives me error 1920 which mentions not having sufficient privileges even though I'm running in administrator mode) . When I run the all-in-one installer, it starts up fine and even creates the appropriate MSI files in the Package Data folder (x64Runtime, SDK Installer, and Driver Installer), but when it tries to install the x64Runtime it has an issue with starting the KinectManager service. It seems like this requires a corresponding EXE file, but when I searched the directory in Program Files, it wasn't there (which I assume is because the installer didn't finish). The SDK and Driver installers run fine if I try them separately though.

I've read elsewhere on the forum that it is possible to get this working on W10, but from tech support phone calls I was told it cannot work on W10 yet. Furthermore, the posts on this forum indicate that it may only be possible through a clean install. I'm wondering is there any other way to get this working?

Thanks!

Monday, September 28, 2015 7:27 PM