How to select a row in editable gridview RRS feed

• Question

• User520710431 posted

Hi All,

How to select a row in  editable gridview, if we write like

protected void GvTimeEntry_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow)
            {
                e.Row.Attributes.Add("onclick", Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(GvTimeEntry, "Select$" + e.Row.RowIndex.ToString()));
            }
        }

its selecting the row in gridview but it unable to select dropdown and image in gridview after selecting a row in gridview

My requirement is selecting a row in gridview and when the user selects a row in gridview, it has to perform postback to show the data in other controls related to this gridview row and able to select dropdownlist and imagebuttons in gridview.

Note: I have used checkbox in gridview to select rows and delete selected rows, but i want postback has to be happen show the data of gridview rows in other controls.

Thanks in advance...

Monday, November 15, 2010 6:43 AM

Answers

• User191633014 posted

add :

protected void GvTimeEntry_SelectedIndexChanging(object sender, GridViewSelectEventArgs e)
        {
            GridView g = (GridView)sender;
            if (g.SelectedRow != null)
                g.SelectedRow.Attributes.Add("onclick", Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(g, "Select$" + g.SelectedRow.RowIndex.ToString()));
            g.Rows[e.NewSelectedIndex].Attributes.Remove("onclick");
        }

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:28 AM