none
Just Me RRS feed

• General discussion

• I installed .net framework version 1.1. Upon completion I get an error message that I must first install one of the following versions of  .NET Framework V2.0.50727. Contact your application publisher for support. 

Most solutions are to load .NET Framework 2.0 and when I d I get the error .NET\Framework\V2.0.50727\ System Enterprise Service dll. 

Then version 2.0 will NOT install. How do you fix the .Net Framework version 1.1?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:19 AM

All replies

• Please provide more information.

What is your Windows version and Service Pack level?

What software, exactly, are you trying to install (link, please)?

What software sent this message "Upon completion I get an error message that I must first install one of the following versions of  .NET Framework V2.0.50727. Contact your application publisher for support. "?

Provide complete install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E0DA314F-6216-4A18-BC6B-7D29CF83AF20&displaylang=e&displaylang=en

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:17 PM
  • Hi JFL007,

In additional to MVP's post.

It seems you should install install .NET 2.0 but not fix .NET 1.1.

But I see this "version 2.0 will not install". So we need your OS version to know if you have .NET 2.0 embeded on your OS.

In case you haven't share more details with us,

"Change the status to "General Discussion"

We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and click the button "Change Type" at the top of the post. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

"

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, August 6, 2012 5:46 AM